Sugar (grounded) 3 ounces or 6 tbsp heaped (first measure the sugar then grind it)
Refined flour (maida) 6 tbsp heaped
Baking powder 1/2 tsp (leveled)
Vanilla essence 1/2 tsp
Strawberry jam 1/2 cup
- Beat the eggs with electric beater till they become fluffy
- Now add the sugar slowly and gradually and beat it. Then add vanilla essence and gain beat it.
- Mix baking powder in refined flour and strain it
- Add refined flour and baking powder mixture spoon by spoon in egg and sugar mixture and fold it with wooden spoon (do not use beater)
- Take a swiss roll tray (8 x 13). Place butter paper over it and also grease the butter paper.
- Preheat your oven at 200 oC.
- Pour the mixture on the greased butter paper, and bake it at 180 oC for 10 minutes.
- Now take a cloth, dust it with icing sugar (or grounded sugar), then place the cake on this cloth and roll it with napkin. (keep it for 4 minutes then open it, this is done so that after applying jam it can be turned easily into a swiss roll).
- Spread the jam over the whole sponge and roll it (without cloth)
- Cut 1 inch thick slices.